Chickpea salad with a tarragon orange dressing is fast, easy, and impressive. If you are looking for a great recipe to whip up quick for either a “dish to pass” or for your own outdoor 4th of July celebration – this is it! Plus it is so healthy and delicious. We were invited on an evening boat cruise and everyone was asked to bring a dish. I wanted to make sure I brought something healthy that we all could enjoy. The protein and fiber level of these creamy nutty gems marks them as one of those foods that rates at the top in my book. We received some raving compliments on this simple dish. This will be one I will make over and over this summer. I hope you enjoy it too.
- So chickpea or Garbanzo bean? Are they the same thing? The plant species name is Cicer aretinum, sharing the same identifying characteristics.
- The word Chickpea is predominately used by English-speaking people
- The word Garbanzo is typically used in the Spanish language.
- This wonderful legume is high in insoluble fiber which lowers the risk or colon cancer.
- Also it is a good source of calcium, zinc, folate, and protein.
- It is a great source of good carbs and helps control blood sugar.
- The satiety level is high which helps you avoid other unhealthy foods. So if you are at a party with a food selection that isn’t so appealing, fill up on this first!